fbpx

Ricky was brought into the ER because she ingested tampons from the garbage. A LOT OF PETS eat garbage thinking it is food. This is EXTREMELY COMMON. The garbage can contain many dangers. Items like feminine hygiene products often become stuck in the intestines and require surgery to remove. This particular type of emergency seems to be especially common when there are guests staying at the house, or when families are staying at other peoples’ homes. Make sure to keep the garbage bins secure, so that they cannot be accessed by pets. We are grateful to Ricky’s family for allowing us to share her story, so that we can warn other furbabies and their families about this common danger.

RELATED VIDEOS:

Meet more CUTE PATIENTS! Connect with us online: