In this video we discuss what to do if your pet ingests rat or mouse poison (rodenticide). We also discuss the environmental impact of rodenticide, and its harmful effects on wildlife. Finally, we include resources on who to call if your pet has been poisoned, how to induce vomiting at home in dogs using hydrogen peroxide, and the recommendations from the BCSPCA on humane rodent control (traps).
- BCSPCA humane rodent control: https://spca.bc.ca/ways-to-help/take-action/urban-wildlife/humane-rodent-control/?utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F
- BCSPCA best practices wildlife control (rats and mice): https://spca.bc.ca/wp-content/uploads/best-practices-mice-rats.pdf
- A review: poisoning by anticoagulant rodenticides in non-target animals globally: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6395208/
- Credit Barn Owl Poster: http://www.barnowlsbc.ca/raptor-rodenticide-project.html
- Credit rodenticides and wildlife infographic: http://www.sccf.org/news/blog/not-all-rat-poisons-are-created-equal