fbpx

Tiger is a 10 month old puppy who was brought into the Twin Trees Vet ER for eating raisins. Did you know that grapes and raisins can be toxic to dogs? Grapes and raisins can cause kidney failure. It is an “idiosyncratic toxicity” meaning that some dogs will be affected and some dogs won’t. When Tiger arrived, we induced vomiting by giving an intravenous medication called apomorphine. She was then hospitalized for intravenous fluid therapy for 48 hours to monitor for changes in her kidney values and to help support the kidneys. She made a full recovery. Puppies will get into everything. There are many hidden dangers in the household, including foods that can be toxic to pets.