Yam dog chews are delicious and my mom says they are easy to make!
All my mom does is peel the yams then slices them into big chunks. Somehow they are way smaller by the time they make it to my mouth. There is no seasoning needed, but sometimes she brushes them with coconut oil to make them extra delicious!
Then they bake and bake and bake in the oven, torturing me with that delicious smell! Seriously hours of torture, she even takes them out after a couple hours, flips them and puts them back in the oven! After another couple hours once they are good and dried out then she takes them out again. This time she leaves them on the counter for ages, I can’t imagine why. Finally I get to eat them! Delicious yam chews are so good for my tummy.
Once for my birthday my mom shredded carrots and mixed it with crunchy peanut butter, then made FROZEN YAM PEANUT BUTTER CARROT SANDWICHES. They were the best things ever.
Yam Dog Chew Instructions:
- Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees celsius
- Peel as many yams as you want to make
- Cut at minimum 1 inch thick slices, they shrink in the oven
- Brush with oil or place on baking sheet
- Bake on one side for 1.5 – 2 hours depending on thickness of slices. Then flip and continue to bake for another 1.5-2 hours depending on thickness.
- Remove from pan and let cool.
Watch your pup enjoy and try not to eat any yourself.